Amazon Ads tools and services are constantly evolving elements. In times of audience fragmentation, economic uncertainty, and technology disruptions, advertisers want to ensure that they get the best return on investment for their money. However, it might be challenging to follow all the process updates, stay on top of daily changes, and run the business. Learn what not to do in 2023 in Sponsored Ads from our Search Account Manager Miroslava Kollarova.
There are six advertising mistakes that might impact marketers and their brands in 2023.
- Focusing only on Search or Display advertising. Not using all advertising options might not seem like a mistake, but in our experience using both is always beneficial. To use the full potential of the Ads, we would recommend a combination of DSP and Search to get optimal results.
- Relying on one targeting type. This is a common mistake, where marketers are either investing in one targeting type or in some cases, focusing on keyword targeting but only one match type. This is limiting the potential of the advertising, and unless the product is well-known to attract customers, might lead to low performance. Remember, all ad placements you are not bidding on are freely populated by competitors.
- Not using negative targeting. There are two ways to use negative targeting – either to detarget brand names or keywords that are generating wasted spend. In the case of detargeting brand name, we strongly recommend using negative phrases with the brand name, which will eliminate your brand within search results and will give you more generic data that can be used for Non-Branded campaigns.
- Not structuring your ads properly. When creating campaigns and ad groups using the same structure across all of them is key. At Amerge, we created a naming convention that will help to target all strategies and is linked to Amerge View which will provide detailed reporting. Thanks to this structure we can see where our money is spent and where the sales are coming from. This will enable us to maximize ROI by focusing on those strategies and targets that have the best performance.
- Not checking and implementing keywords from customer search term reports. You may ask why to use this report when the campaigns are running well. You can still get orders while targeting generic keywords, however, it is always best to know what the customers are actually searching for and customize the setup accordingly. At Amerge using customer search term reports is one of the fundamental actions while optimizing campaigns via Amerge Engine that is doing all those activities automatically. If you are interested in Amerge Engine, subscribe to our channel, and follow the updates related to this content.
- Not waiting for your changes to show. Making bidding strategy and budget changes every day without waiting for the effect to show. When making significant changes to the bidding strategy, or adding new keywords we highly recommend keeping the campaigns gathering data for a couple of weeks before any other significant changes to make the right decision, and that is also why we have a 14-day attribution period.
At Amerge, we tackle all common mistakes and propose custom solutions based on account specifics. We create strategies that are fitting to clients’ needs and are aligned with their goals. The first step is to sign up for a free audit, where our Account managers will review your current setup and propose new strategies. If you would like to sign up for a free audit, please drop us a note at email@example.com or fill out the contact form.